Saturday, September 4, 2010

Good Sabbath

So, here in Jerusalem we have the Sabbath day on Saturday. The Church decided that the Jewish Sabbath was best for the branch here. The Muslims have theirs on Friday, and most Christians have it on Sunday. Today was our fast Sabbath, being the first Sabbath of the month. I find it very interesting that the Muslims just finished their fasting for Ramadan last night, and we fasted today.

I learned some cool stuff about the Church in the Middle East. Yes, the Church is in the Middle East. There is the "Middle East Desk", kind of like an Area. There are districts in Israel, Jordan, Iraq, and Afghanistan. There is also a Stake in Saudi Arabia, with the "Desk" in Dubai. I guess the Church is in more places than we realize.

I also happened to run into Jay Williams and his family. Honestly, I didn't remember them. They used to be in our stake about 10 years ago. But still, small world.

I am in the Spanish speaking Sunday School class. It's kinda cool. There are people in the Branch from Bolivia and Venezuela. It was pretty cool.

Now we're watching The Prince of Egypt. The library has a lot of good movie selection, even though I haven't gone to check myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment